Web application security - training
About the training
One of the few trainings/workshops recommended by PortSwigger - the creators of Burp Suite - highly acclaimed web application pentesting tool.
3-days, highly practical training covering web application security. More than 30 practical excercises (80% of the whole course), free Burp Suite Pro license (for 2 weeks). Perfect for developers / testers / penetration testers. Each vulnerability is covered in the following scheme:
- practical excercies
- prevention methods
- "Very good choice of topics and interesting hands-on exercises, very good presentation skills, very interactive training."
- "Highly skilled trainer. Generous with sharing his experience. Very well structured & planned."
- "[great] hands-on demonstrations, clear explanations and support during exercises."
- "Everything was relevant and the good balance between theory and practice."
- "Best training I've ever attended".
- "[the trainer is] very skilled professional, with deep knowledge of what he is doing, very good presentation skills, very helpful during the course."
- "It was cool: well explained, good pace, constant support of the trainer"
- "Great overview on most common attacks types"
- "Shock and ave regarding insecurity of routers / IoT devices"
Introduction to web application security
- Introduction to penetration testing
- Presentation of sample penetration testing report
- Useful documentations: OWASP Top Ten, OWASP ASVS (Application Security Verification Standard), OWASP Testing Guide.
- Interesting materials - ethical hacking sites, books, tools, ...
- Introduction to Burp Suite Pro
- Automated vulnerability scanning using Burp Suite Pro + report generation
- Passive / Active methods
- Scanning infrastructure using Shodan
- Google hacking
- 10 minutes intro to SQL
- 6-7 examples of different vulnerabilities within the class (unauthenticated access to the DB, OS exec, etc.)
- Filter bypassing techniques
- Blind SQL injection - live demo using a vulnerable network device (SQLi in the web login screen)
- Examples cover distinct DBMS (Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQLite, ...)
OS Command injection
- Upload mechanisms
- Abusing compression formats
- RCE by using environment variables in CGI
- Attacking a java library
- Introduction to deserialisation problems
Abusing IoT - web management consoles
- Live: TP-Link backdoor
- Live: unauthenticated RCE in a Cisco network device
- Live: taking over a CCTV Camera
- Real attack on WordPress (admin account takeover).
- Intro to Content Security Policy
- XSS vs. Cross Site Request Forgery
XML related issues
- XXE (reading files from a server, issuing http requests)
- XML Bomb
- Useful tools
- Useful resources
- Using previously acquired knowledge to attack example SOAP / REST API
Attacks on Authentication / Auhtorisation
- Bruteforcing techniques
- Session Fixation
- Logical flaws
- Direct Object Reference
- 6-7 different vulnerabilities
- Michał Sajdak is an IT security consultant in Securitum.
- Holds CEH, CISSP and CTT+ (Certified Technical Trainer) certificates
- Active pentester and researcher. Example research covered on:
- In last year he delivered more than 1000 training hours
- Founder of sekurak.pl
- Speaker at security events: Confidence (2013-2016), SEMAFOR (2010-2016), Securitybsides (2012), SecCon (2011), OWASP (2011), AIESEC (2012), Secure (2013-2016), TestingCup Poland (2016).
- Voted as best speaker 5+ times
We require every participant to bring his/her own laptop meeting the following requirements:
- Java JRE installed (official version from Oracle)
- Ability to reconfigure proxy in a web browser
- Wired ethernet connection
- Any OS (Windows or Linux or OS X)
10:30 - 17:30 - first day
9:00 - 16:00 - second day
9:00 - 15:00 - third day
All hours in GMT+1 (Warsaw time)
e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, tel.: +48 12 36 13 337
The price for the 3-days training is 850 EUR net and includes:
- Attending the training
- Lunch each day
- Caffe breaks during each day
- 2 week Burp Suite Professional license
- Attendance certificate
We deliver closed training (in your office) at any location within Europe or the US. Please contact us at: email@example.com for more information.